Public Places for Community, Democracy, Health & Equity
Start date : 2 October 2017 09:00
End date : 6 October 2017 17:00
Where : Santa Fe, New Mexico | États-Unis
Hosted by :
54th International Making Cities Livable Conference
Information sources :
Public places our streets, plazas, squares, and green spaces belong to ALL of us! They are our democratically shared common wealth - the most important aspect of every city. How we treat the public realm demonstrates how we value our fellow citizens, our democratic principles, our health, and our community.
Join us in Santa Fe to share your achievements and learn from others how we can take back our streets and squares - and in the process, strengthen community, civic engagement, health, and equity.
Paper proposals are invited from elected officials, scholars and practitioners concerned with the following issues:
Public Places for Health
Active mobility Walkable 10-minute community/reshaping suburbia Integrating public health and planning Health impact assessment
· Increasing walking as a transit mode/pedestrian networks
· Bicycle planning, buffered bikeways
· Complete streets, green streets, shared space streets
· Transit-oriented development
· Mitigating air pollution/Reducing urban heat islands
· Urban noise, light pollution and health
· Fighting climate change by healthy urban design Etc.