For the Mobile Lives Forum, mobility is understood as the process of how individuals travel across distances in order to deploy through time and space the activities that make up their lifestyles. These travel practices are embedded in socio-technical systems, produced by transport and communication industries and techniques, and by normative discourses on these practices, with considerable social, environmental and spatial impacts.En savoir plus x
Mobilization is the action by which individuals are called upon to gather in the public space for a concerted effort, be it to express or defend a common cause or to participate in an event. In this respect, it is a social phenomenon appertaining to mobility. This article has been written by Sylvie Landriève, Dominic Villeneuve, Vincent Kaufmann and Christophe Gay.En savoir plus x
Broadly speaking, residential mobility refers to a household’s change of residence within a life basin.En savoir plus x
Table of contents
- 1. What is your research topic? What thesis are you defending and how does it stand out?
- 2. If your thesis includes empirical research, what does it involve?
- 3. What are the main results?
- 4. What is your contribution to political and theoretical debates?
- 5. What new research avenues do your conclusions open up?
- Download the full thesis (in French)